Congratulations on your pregnancy! A maternity photoshoot is a great way to celebrate this special time in your life and capture memories that will last a lifetime. Here’s a guide to help you plan and prepare for your maternity photoshoot:
- Choose the right time: Schedule your photo shoot between 28-36 weeks of pregnancy when your belly is nicely rounded and you’re feeling comfortable. If your belly is evident enough , the photo session can take place earlier.
- Discuss your expectations and wishes about the final result with the photographer.
- Choose the reference for makeup and hair styling. To find the right solution I recommend to look for a model/actress/famous person with the same face features, complexion, color and length of the hair.
- Your beautiful manicure and pedicure are very important on the picture as they bring purines and completeness to your image. The most suitable variant for maternity photo session is nude or french manicure.
- Make sure to take with you:
- a baby oil or a reach nourishing cream
- a hair brush
- a nude and black underwear
- a bootle of water.
- Check poses for maternity photoshoot and try it out in front of the mirror. Pay particular attention to your hands and fingers.
- You are lucky if your partner would love to join the photoshoot. In this case I suggest him arriving in the second part of the photo session. However if he doesn’t want to be photographed, it’s not the best idea to push him join by any means.
- Avoid high-sodium foods a day before the maternity photoshoot to prevent swelling.
- Plan having 30-40 min in reserve to avoid the rush with the preparation or parking.
- Prepare a playlist with your favorite music, that inspires and empowers you. Feel free to take breaks if you are tired during the photo shoot. Your great mood and feeling is the most important to catch a beautiful picture!
Remember, this is your photoshoot, and it should reflect your personality and style. Talk with your photographer about your vision and what you want to convey in the photos. With these tips in mind, you'll be sure to have a beautiful and memorable maternity photoshoot.